Loomis Train Depot: 5775 Horseshoe Bar Road, Loomis
Free Parking and Free Admission
PUBLIC PARKING –
- Next to Loomis Veterans Memorial Hall – 5945 Horseshoe Bar Road, Loomis
- Loomis Grammar School Parking Lot – 3505 Taylor Rd., Loomis
- Handicapped Parking – BridgeYoga – 3587 Taylor Road, Loomis
APPLICATIONS General Vendor Application 2015pdf ** 2015 Food Booth Application ** sponsor 2015 pkg
Highlights – Saturday, Oct. 3, 2015, 9 to 5 p.m.
The Loomis Eggplant Festival is the ideal place to spend a day reconnecting with neighbors, making new friends and experiencing small-town hospitality as the Loomis Basin Chamber of Commerce, the event sponsor, promotes community and family fun.
Pancake Breakfast – Loomis Fire Protection District
- 7 – 10 a.m., 5840 Horseshoe Bar Road. Loomis Firefighters Association members will be hosting a sumptuous feast. Breakfast items include pancakes, eggs, sausage, orange juice and coffee.
EGGPLANT CHEFS WANTED Seeking fame and possible fortune?? Bring your favorite eggplant dish to this years Loomis Eggplant Festival “Cooking Contest”. Represent yourself, business, organization or school! Show off your cooking skills and “glorify” the Eggplant and “Wow” the crowd!! First prize $100., Second Prize $50. and Third Prize $25. Step up to the challenger, Ya! For more information and entry forms call Mary Jane Perkins @ (916) 835-8797 or the Loomis Chamber Office. Eggplant Festival date is October 3rd, you have plenty of time to perfect your Eggplant dish and get your entry form in. Make the “Eggplant” proud.
Entries must be delivered to contest booth no later than 9:15 A.M. on the day of the festival along with attached recipe
Download Entry Form
Submit your best Eggplant Festival video – The goal of this project is to create a 60-second Commercial of the Loomis Eggplant Festival on October 3rd – Winners receive $100
Congratulations to Taylor Shepard for winning the 2014 Eggplant Video Contest
- A new social media contest will make it possible for local community groups and organizations to vie for a $500 prize. The prize is offered by the Loomis Basin Chamber of Commerce as part of its annual Eggplant Festival. Participants can also win Eggplant Festival souvenirs.In the Loomis Eggplant Community Cause Contest, groups and organizations ask their followers for support by liking Facebook posts, leaving comments throughout September and posting photographs they take while attending this year’s Eggplant Festival on Saturday, Oct. 3, at the Loomis Train Depot. Festival hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.There is no fee to enter the contest. Application 2015 Community Cause Contest
Eggonopolis 500 Pinewood Derby
- Pre-registration 11 a.m. to noon
- Hosted by Cub Scout Pack 815
- Bring your own pinewood derby with a decorated eggplant driver. Categories include Kids (ages 0-13), Adults and Business Teams.
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Three venues of live music, dancing, drummers and wild animals will keep Festival goers entertained throughout the day.
Peter Oakes Stage
- On Air Classic Rock
- Amanda Gray (Country Duo)
- Dennis Johnson Slide Guitar
- Four Shades of Gray
Train Depot Stage
- 4 on 6 instrumental Jazz
- Casey Lipka Quartet Alternative Jazz/Rock
- Greg McLaughlin Latin Jazz Band
- Sierra College Jazz
- Tim Stephenson
- McLaughlin Studios ZUMBA!
- McLaughlin Studio Musicians
- Betty Asher Woodwind Quintet
- Placer Ume Taiko (Taiko Drum Group)
- The Hot Tamales Dance Team
- Amazing Animal World
- Hannah Jane Kile
- Multi-cultural Youth Group Hula
Local Wine & Beer Garden
- Placer County Wine Growers Association will be serving local wines and Margaritas.
- Soroptimist International of Loomis Basin will be serving beer from Loomis Basin Brewing Co.
Adult & Kid Fun Zone
- Bounce houses, rock wall, and games.
Amazing Animal World Exhibit
- “Amazing Animal World” will have a presentation of animals by interweaving both knowledge and humor so that the children are thoroughly entertained while they are learning how to respect and appreciate these truly amazing animals. www.AmazingAnimalWorld.com
Produce & Eggplant Give Away
- Free eggplant while supplies last, courtesy of Raley’s Supermarket and the High Hand Nursery.
- Blue Goose Produce will have several varieties of eggplant, as well as other fruits and vegetables, available in its Festival booth.
Avenue of Antiques
- Sarah Whitcomb Antique will be hosting an Antique Outdoor Market in the parking lot next to the Blue Goose Fruit Shed.
- 1958 Ford F-100 short bed, Native Sons of the Golden West Stage Coach & Hearse, Vintage High Hand Truck delivery truck.
- Free Make & Take arts and crafts with several of our community members and businesses
- Award-winning “Face Full of Fun” will be face painting all day www.facefulloffun.com
Avenue of Arts
- Original jewelry, pottery, paintings and art will be displayed
- The Newcastle Open Studio Tour artists will bring their works of art to the Eggplant Festival to promote their Oct. 10-11 event.
Sip and Paint
- Create and take home your own eggplant work of art under the direction of Susanne Kish, 2015 Eggplant Festival logo artist.
KISH the ARTIST- Susanne Kish:
“Drawing and making little clay figures always occupied my time as a child in Aurora, Ill. After garnering a degree in art and design, and biology in Chicago, I used my talents in whatever work experience I could, especially after moving to California’s El Dorado County a few years later. From my fine art and design studio in Placerville, I created wine labels, logos, brochures, fruit labels, T-shirt (and soft goods art), and produced events for the agricultural community – wineries, Apple Hill, Gold Rush historical society, Apple Hill Harvest Run and county fairs. My mixed-media relief art also flourished and I became a founding member of the Gold Country Artists Gallery on Main Street.
“The ‘art studio’ and the pursuits thereof were sandwiched in with raising three children, community involvement and working at Snowline Hospice, wineries, River Oak Center for Children, and various other companies over time. My art encompasses colored pencil, dry brush watercolor, acrylic, and large whimsical mixed-media relief works of clay, wood, acrylic and ‘found art pieces’ (plus a wide array of ‘little creations’). Always enjoying nature and the out-of-doors led me to running marathons, hiking, and trail running and to exploring so many areas of beautiful California. ‘Midwest Heartland girl finds California’s Heartland,” so to speak.